Sunday, June 29, 2008

Periodization Week 1: 35.79K


Week 3 of light training is over. Am glad to report that it's been quite good thus far. Highlights of the week were the late afternoon tough runs at Lake Gardens on Tuesday (9.6K) and Wednesday (11.1K). Weather's been scorching of late and within the first K, my heart rate would have climbed to 70% MHR.

After being razed by the sun on Tuesday during which I did 3 lake loops and 1 Carcosa, I ran a shadier route on Wednesday. Started from the Bkt Aman Car Park then headed down to the National Mosque before hitting the lung-quad busting uphill at the Islamic Art Museum. Down past the Deer Park, hang left around the lake then the reverse Carcosa Hill, round the playground and back to the car park for a drink before heading the second loop.

I took Thursday and Friday off to rest and focus on clearing work. Saturday comprised of 11K and 4K, while poor weather waylaid my evening run plan. Fitness is pretty much still work in progress and I'm glad for it. I'd be concerned about getting through the workouts easily. It's not been easy, trust me, even if the volume and variety is standard stuff. I like it the way it is as this means that I've the luxury to slowly build the body up over the coming months and peak as close to the race as possible.

My goal for the Periodization Phase is max 30K weekly mileage. Ooops, looks like I busted it! Next week is the final periodization week before the start of 6 weeks of Base Phase. It's going to get more and more interesting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home