Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pre-Periodization Week 1: 19.31K


Ran 4 days this week. Not bad although I kept all the workouts short. Total mileage is just a shade under 20K. Tried out several Nike apparels and they were all quite nice and certainly comfortable. Best is the Nike Pro compression tee. Not only it looks really good, it provides a snug fit that I like in a pair of running tights. Don't let the looks deceive you - it's definitely not hot. Ventilation is good and I may just wear this as a base layer in New York.

Another cool gear I'd the privilege of trialling is the Nike+ SportBand. This hip looking band does away with the need of an iPod to keep track of your workouts. You'll still need the shoe transmitter to be sure but with the iPod out of the equation, you're virtually wireless now. A review is definitely forthcoming.

With another week to the start of the Periodization Phase, I decided that it's time to break in the Air Structure Triax (AST) 11. The AST 11 is Nike+ enabled and is a big departure to the clunky ride of the 9, which I had a brief experience with. I tangoed with the 9 during the Nike+ preview last year. I'll also be writing more about this shoe in the near future.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home