Sunday, July 13, 2008

Base Phase Week 1: 44.88K

The upwards movement of my mileage continues. I'm 3 weeks into my training and I've managed a very modest mileage. It's approximately half the volume that I'll be doing in 2 months' time and I'm glad to be getting in some quality runs. I've moved some runs to the morning and it wasn't too bad either. I just needed to ensure that I get to bed by 11pm. The earliest and longest run so far was a 19K with Geraldine and Loke at 5am Saturday morning. Going long was fantastic and I thought finishing strong at the end of long runs were important. We covered the final 2K in under 5:30/K splits.

I've been eating well too. Plenty of smaller meals and snacking, so that my energy level is on the level. My weight stands between 57-58kg.

Nike have been most generous with their support. I'm rotating between the Vomero 2, Structure 11 and Elite 3. And just 2 days ago, I laid my hands on the cutting edge Zoom Victory+. Wearing it is an experience. I'll just say for now that it'll see some action in speedwork and short races - definitely the pair for the Aug 31st Human Race.

Week 2 of Base will have me cross the 50K mark for the week and it's a mark that I plan to hold till the end of Base Phase. Time for bed now. Have a good running week ahead!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home