Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Conditions To Blow Piglet Away

If you had watched one of the Pooh cartoons, there was one where piglet was blown away by the strong wind ("Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day"). This morning was just as blustery. I moved my training time to the mornings so that I can still get my runs in, in case I get held back by work. Mornings are cooler too, definitely better conditions to run than in the hot afternoons these days.

It was nice and cool as I headed off along the well-lit roads. Even so, I was garbed in gear with plenty of reflective strips - Triax Structure was the shoe of choice. The pleasant conditions made for a relaxing run even though I found myself battling headwind on certain stretches. The wind kept me dry for the first 2K and I estimated the temps to be around 23C.

At the about the 4K mark, it drizzled lightly and by the 5th K, the heavens had opened up. Folks leaving their homes for the office or to send their kids to school were surely dumbfounded to see a runner that early, more so in the rain! There aren't many runners living around my area. The rain were bothering my vision as I had no caps on. I finally wrapped up at 7K and the household was just stirring. Quickly showered, changed and had a couple of slices of carrot bread washed down with coffee. Played with Carbokid 2 awhile before leaving the house.

You know what happens after the rain - yup, a terrific traffic jam. I barely arrived on time for an appointment at the regulator's office. Other than the drive to work, it was a fantastic day.

Note to self: Remember to buy oats, coffee and creamer!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home