Monday, September 8, 2008

Holy 55 Days, Carboman!

Gosh! That's only just slightly more than 1.5 months to race day, and even lesser to my travelling date. There's so much to do in all areas, and I'm having a hard time juggling the tasks. I'm going to itemize them here as a form of reminder to myself. So let's see.

Training
Not good at all. I haven't been consistent in my workouts and haven't hit the 50s and yet I'm already jumping straight into the back-to-backs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on

Travel & Itinerary
I've a rough plan but some research and thought needs to go into finalizing it. Visa document, passport and air ticket are all settled but I need to register with the Frequent Flyer Miles so that I can at least get something back from the airline. I'll also need to check with the travel agency on seat confirmation sometime early October.

To buys
All ready. But I need to run it by my packing list to ensure nothing's left out. And at the same time nothing extraneous is packed.

Money changing
I've progressively been changing some USD and the rates have been getting worse. At the time of writing this, it's at RM1 to USD3.45. Thankfully I've changed all that I needed to which isn't much - just enough to last the first couple of days. With a good ATM network in Manhattan, I can still withdraw cash over there - the interchange should be that exhorbitant considering I'm not taking out large sums. Credit card will be my main mode of payment.

NYRR
NYRR has yet to send out this year's Runners Handbook where all the details will be spelt out. Nearly all the information is already posted on their website but I believe plenty more will be passed on in the handout. NYRR will also be confirming which wave I'll be starting from sometime end of this month. Come the 2nd week of October I expect to receive my bib collection card.

Travelling mates
Once the itinerary and event handbook is out, the 5 of us travellers will probably meetup to discuss meeting points, arrangements, plans and so on.

It's all getting more and more exciting but quite worrying at the same time especially on the training part!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home