Friday, September 26, 2008

Training Updates: Spinnin' and Runnin'

It was already 9pm when I reached home Wednesday night. Hungry and tired, I just wanted to quickly eat my dinner, get the chores done and put in a workout. So there was the bike in the kitchen just waiting for me. Carbokid 2 was the more curious between the 2 and he was fiddling with the pedals and any parts he could reach. I made sure that the flywheel is locked as that would be a fun (but dangerous) thing for him to play.

A short while later with everyone upstairs, I promptly started with a 10-min warmup. Star Wars Episode 3 was in the DVD player and that certainly helped to pass time, even if I was irritated with the corny script and plank-like expressions of Hayden Christiansen.

I ended the session an hour later, soaked and thirsty but satisfied. A quick shower and cool down before hitting the sack at 12:30am.

5 hours later, it was another 50-min spin. I'd left the bike where it was so there was no time lost in setting up. Movie of the hour was Luc Besson's The Fifth Element. Leeloo was certainly more appealing than Anakin. It must have been the babe factor, coz I was pedaling harder and more furiously than last night, well earlier that morning. Sweat beaded up on my upper arms and momentarily I thought of the sprayed faux sweat on the cover models on fitness magazines. There was sweat all over the placement mat. Evening was an easy run of approximately 8K with Loke. Weather was just perfect and even with a sub-6 pace, it felt comfortable. The legs were relatively OK but I was awakened in the middle of the night with a horrible calf cramp. I’ve been fortunate to be cramped-free all these while in my running and racing so it came as a shock to me. It lasted about 15 seconds but was it painful – ok, aren’t all cramps painful?

I woke up this morning with tight adductors and hamstrings and decided to skip the 1 hour ride to save my legs for the B2B weekend runs. Just to be on the safe side, I’ll run easy to prevent any aggravation to my left calf.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home