Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Name Tag


Here's the name tag that I'll be sticking to my race tee. This way I don't have to worry about pinning or printing my name on the tech fabric and potentially spoiling it.

Having their names printed or written on their race shirt is a popular practice among runners in mega marathons where there are large crowds to cheer you on, by name. A friend who will be running NYCM the 2nd time commented that she was called out (and hi-fived) in support so many times that she got tired of acknowledging the cheers of supporters! Since she will be on her 2nd "tour", she has decided to forgo the sticker routine this time around.

But then it's an experience not to be missed for first timers, so I'll be wearing that sticker on top of my race bib and welcome all the cheers my "fans" will accord me! Makes me feel like a star on a red carpet. Woo hooo!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is GL also running NYCM?

September 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Jamie Pang said...

yes, she will be. we're going in a group of 5, including the famous Mohan (his 2nd NYCM).

September 18, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home